40 Festive Visual Recipes for Fall
Hi, friends! It’s been a while! I’ve been working on projects other than Accessible Chef, but I’m hoping to get back to more regular posts this fall.
Speaking of fall, the autumn season is a perfect time to practice cooking skills- with so many holidays, there’s always an excuse for a themed cooking day. 😊 I’ve collected 40 of my favorite fall recipes below. Try incorporating cooking into a field trip to the apple orchard or pumpkin patch, or cook up some spooky snacks for Halloween. October is also Down syndrome awareness month, so it’s a great time to break out the blue and yellow recipes to celebrate our friends with trisomy 21.
Lastly, Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Thanksgiving is a perfect opportunity to practice meal planning, shopping, and cooking a big meal to share with friends and family. If you have the resources, your classroom could also host a community dinner or pack up Thanksgiving dinners for community members in need.
What’s your favorite fall recipe? Share it in the comments below!
Down Syndrome Awareness Month
Interested in writing a guest blog post or want to advertise on Accessible Chef? Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guest Post: Interview with Kelley Pitcher, Creator of Belly Bowls
- Five ways meal prep kits like HelloFresh can support cooking skills in people with intellectual disabilities
- 40 Festive Visual Recipes for Fall
- 21 Visual Recipe Ideas for Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Summer Picnics
- Guest Post: Seven DIY Kitchen Hacks